Since we moved into our house last year, I've been working wherever I can, mostly from a corner of the garage, sometimes the kitchen table, sometimes the living room floor........... you get the idea.
But now, at last, my lovely husband Simon is setting about renovating the garage for me, to have a permanant beautiful workspace, yippee!! (I think my evil ploy of taking over most of the house has finally worked, muwahahah!!) He is insulating and plastering it all, and luckily we kept all of our old kitchen units, so they're going out there as ready made storage. I have plans for set areas for each process - a fusing area, a lampworking table, a coldworking area where the grinder will live, a silversmithing station...... so no pressure Simon!! So far, most of the plasterboard is up, the basics of the electrics are in place and the insulated floor is down, ready for the laminate to go on top. I've just despatched hubby and father in law off to B&Q for the trillionth time for more supplies. I'm so excited! Here are couple of "before" pictures, and "work in progress" shots! Notice the kiln is still being pressed into action amid the chaos, I have six events in the next month, so no time for slacking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
How exciting!!!!!! :-) xxx
Post a Comment