Well, what an eventful week!!
After the cold and slow start to the week, things seemed to pick up pace, with several orders and new ideas flowing. Have been out in the studio a fair bit, with some new textured art pieces coming out of the kiln - will post pics soon!
Have had a touch of the January blues recently, so this week has been just what I needed to start getting back into the swing of things.
I had applied for SRA membership (Self Representing Artists) which is an organization celebrating handmade lampwork and warm/hot glass, and last night my number came through, which I am pleased as punch about! It makes me feel "official" somehow, and that my work has been recognized. It also means I can pretty my blog up with the rather gorgeous and eye catching flame logo you can see to the right of this blog!
AND last but not least, I have taken the plunge and finally bought a lampworking kit so I can begin to make my own beads. I have collected it this afternoon, and have to keep going out to the garage to admire all the little bits and pieces. Will be getting going soon, just need to sort out more workspace!! There's a rather fab stainless steel bench on the Ikea website I have my eye on, our brand new store opens in Southampton on Thursday so I'll be heading down there as soon as I can to go grab one!
So all in all, I'm having a celebratory glass of wine or two this evening. Cheers!! xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hi Helen, whilst in IKEA buy the Expedit bookcase only £29 and it has loads of room for glass, I got one yesterday and will post pictures later!!! I have grown out of my glass storage in less that a year!!!!
Glad you are feeling better and congrats on SRA
Sam xx
Well done on your SRA and also joining in with us Lampworkers cant wait to see what you come up with!!
Post a Comment