Monday, 2 February 2009

Cold innit?!?!





Had about 3/4 inches of snow today, virtually unheard of, schools are shut and my kids have been acting like it's a national holiday!! Also meant I couldn't go to work, but to be honest I think the schools did the responsible thing by closing, the roads are awful, and I wouldn't have enjoyed driving my two year old to my mother in laws before I went to work. It's one thing to be driving yourself in dodgy conditions, but your panic factor goes up about a hundred notches when you've got your children in the car. Not too worried about my driving, it's all the other nutters!! Also, the snow is really weird, flaky rather than wet, so it's compacting down to hard ice rather than going slushy. Not nice to drive in. Anyway!! At least the kids have been enjoying it!
My oldest friend recently got married in Vietnam, was out there for 5 weeks, so I was glad to hear she got back safely at the weekend! They're getting married again here in 3 weeks time, as Vietnamese marriages are not legally recognized over here, so I get to see her in the floaty "frock" (she'll hate me for that!!) - I can't wait, wasn't possible to go to Vietnam what with kids and money and work, so I'm glad they're doing it all over again!!

2 comments:

Saffie said...

That looks like complete fun, sadly although it is snowing it is very slushy and not a lot really so business as usual, excpet i did not go to work which was just as well cos apparently the heating has broken down!!! Enjoy your friends wedding I know you wanted to be there!

ChatElaine said...

Great snowy day here as well. We have now had about 6" and its still floating down, gently. Billie has had a great day, even though her school decided to open when most of the others were shut. Oh what the heck ~ one day wont hurt will it!!